пятница, 12 мая 2017 г.

Design process of my personal logo

Finally I found a little time to write about my personal logo-trade mark which had been created ~ month ago.

I needed it as watermark for my works, for several social accounts and for business cards.

First, I've had an idea that the main graphic part should be similiar to Teseract graphic representation, as my degree and the main professional business activity was still a System analysis. A little more background for everyone: Any system is "Tesseract" and person can research and describe it only by making projections of this system.

Animation of tesseract (the four-dimensional analog of the cube)


There is also static image:

But first task for me was to simplify it and connect with my Cyrilic initials (УМИ) to personalize it.



I made several sketches:



The simple version looked like Gmail icon even with changeble line types. The struggle was real:)
Then I took a pause and continued on the next day in the morning during breakfast right in the kitchen with papers for shopping-lists. I just left the initials inside the tesseract "form":

After several minutes of sketching with available means I saw one appearnce which I need.
Time to "digitize" using Illustrator:
Building from simple forms, slicing and connecting to each other:
Chosen with Sharp corners:

And maybe with gradient:
















Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий